My 7 year-old child asked me, “Can my wife be older than me?”
My immediate thought to myself was, “Where did he get this from.”
I paused for awhile then and answered and explained the answer.
Daily, I am bombarded with different QUESTIONS from our children. Some of you who are married with children know this so well. Well, not just parents. People who encounter children or works with them also know this so well. They are not tired of asking questions.
For me, kids ask THE DARNDEST questions.
That reminds me the American comedy series, “Kids say the Darndest things” created by Art Linkletter and later hosted by Bill Cosby where he talks to kids about a variety of subjects and gets their opinions about religion, government, families and other assorted topics. The hook is the “ou t of the mouths of babes” cliche.
There was Newsweek story “The Creativity Crisis” about signs of declining creativity among our school children.
It was mentioned that Preschool kids ask their parents an average of 100 questions a day (though my children don’t ask up to that in a day.) So,by middle school, they’ve basically stopped asking questions. WHY? We the adults shut them up.
Can you imagine a school where what they do there ONLY, everyday, is allow their students TO ASK NORMAL, ABNORMAL, WEIRD, SKEWED, UNHINDERED, (give me some more words) questions. And the teachers then provide answers to all their questions. If they don’t have answers, they research such questions and bring the answers back to them or look for people with answers to such questions.
Back to what brought this line of thought: are you asking yourself, LIFE ENHANCING QUESTIONS?
Here are some questions to ponder on:
1. When was the last time you tried something new?
2. What makes you want to do better?
3. What do you love to do? Do you do it often? If the answer is no, why not?
4. What can you do today that you could not do a year ago?
5. Do you like your job?
6. What would you do different if you were reborn?
7. Have you done anything lately worth remembering?
8. What are you excited about?
9. What’s your biggest problem?
10. When was the last time you travelled somewhere new?
11. What would you regret not doing?
12. What makes you smile?
13. If the average lifespan was 50 years, would you do anything differently?
14. What do you want most out of life?
15. What impact do you want to leave in the world?
16. What do you want to be remembered by?
17. If you had the chance to go back in time and change one thing, what would you change?
18. What stands between you and happiness?
19. If a doctor gave you one year to live, what would you try to accomplish?
20. What do you like most about yourself?
21. What do you have that you cannot live without?
22. If you could as one person, dead or alive, one question, who would you ask and what would you ask?
23. If your life was a movie, what would be the title?
24. If you could ask for one wish, what would it be?
25. How would you describe yourself in 5 words?
26. What did you want to be when you where younger?
27. What are you most scared of?
28. What are you looking forward to?
29. What has been the greatest adventure of your life?
30. What are you most proud of?
31. Where would you like to live? Why haven’t you moved?
32. If you left your current life in order to pursue your dreams, what would you lose?
33. What is your greatest strength? What is your greatest weakness?
34. What did life teach you yesterday?
35. What makes you special?
36. What do you want most?
37. Whose life has impacted you the most?
If those questions make any sense to you, let me know,
You can add more questions yourself,
Have a great day!
FIGHT FOR YOUR DREAMS!
PHOTO CREDIT: buzzkenya.com